Victoria

Monday, October 10, 2005

October

So now that things are getting back to normal, the fires are out in Southern California. There hsn't been any earthquakes (thanks God) and I'm back into the swing of things, life is good. Today we have had Santa Ana winds and it is dry, hot and about 90 degress Farenheit. Gotta love Southern California.

As for what I'm up to, I'm taking a seven week long class at California Lutheran University to ear a certificate in Non-Profit Fundraising and Marketing. I thought it would be a great series of classes for my involvement with the Red Cross. Speaking of the Red Cross, I just love voluntering there. People are so nice, you feel like you could possibly making a slight difference in the world and the best part you get to meet so many interesting. If you ever want to volunteer let me know :)

So besides that, I need to start studying again; yes again.... for my series 7 exam. This is for my registered representative license for the financial services industry. I took this about 4 or 5 years again and I didn't pass, but I really didn't study way too hard. But, I'm so bad at tests, so I know that alot of prayer will have to go into this one.

I'm back to planning events, LOVE events, I have a Christmas dinner for 300 at church to put together, a gala event for 250, a volunter appreciation for hopefully 600 and then birthday parties inbetween. I am smiling :)) If you have any ideas feel free to throw them my way.

Well back to studying....

2 Comments:

  • Yeah! A new post! How was your trip to Paris? I gotta say, the weather down in SoCal was awesome, I was just down there this weekend and went to Disneyland for a few days, I should of called and let you know!

    Anyways, good luck with all the studying, and all the event planning. I love event planning as well, been doing it for clubs I belong to for years, it is so much fun. Good luck with them all!

    By Blogger Ryan & Julie, at 7:22 AM  

  • You are too cute with all your event planning!!! So if I ever get married you know you will be planning my wedding, right? ;)

    By Blogger Kristin, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home