Victoria

Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Month of July

Yes Kristin, I get your point, it has been over a month since my last post. So here is goes.
July has been a month of relaxation and recuperation from a busy year. It has been a great time to just chill, take a few saturday afternoon naps, catch up with old friends, read a book or two, take up golf lessons and pretty much just stop and smell the roses. Let me say I'm only 17 days into the month and I really needed this break.

But.... reality is soon setting in and back to getting busy again. I'm busy planning the 3rd. Annual Cara Barton Awards Dinner and Silent Auction for the Red Cross chapter of Ventura County. It will be at the Reagan Library over looking the air force one place. It is such a georgous site. Then there is another event for the Red Cross in September 2006 that we are starting to work on ideas for, it is going to be a salute to our military so lots of patriotic themed items going into this thought process. This weekend I'm doing an event for about 70 people and it's a golf themed birthday party so that will be alot of fun. Do you see a theme going on here.... Vicky really likes planning events.

Besides that, the family is good. My grandfather has been given about six months to live, his cancer count is up and his kidneys are shutting down so that is really hard. But, I know that he is going to a much better place.

So... since I'm lame and can never remeber everyone's blog address, shoot me an e-mail with your blog and I'll save it to my favorites.

V

2 Comments:

  • Hi Vicky...sounds like things are about to get busy for you!

    Will be praying for your grandfather and your family. :-)

    By Blogger jerelyn, at 4:57 AM  

  • Hey Jen:
    Nope your not out of the loop, I'm on the Board of Directors for the Ventura County Chapter. I happen to be chairing two of their special events. :) The finance degree is being used their on their Investment and Finance Committee and also in my day job at Countrywide Securities as a senior credit analyst.

    By Blogger Victoria, at 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home