Victoria

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Red Cross Award

So, first there was graduation this month, then there was the Annual Red Cross Volunteer Apprciation and Board Meeting.
I was invited to join the Ameican Red Cross of Ventura County's Board of Directors for 2005 - 2006. Wow! What an awesome oppurtunity to be able to serve in. I'm really excited about being amongst such great individiduals and I'm looking forward to the many challenges that are ahead.

At the meeting, I was given the Fundraiser of the Year award. Let me just say I was blown away. There have been so many great people who have received this award before me and they have really big shoes to follow in. So I was not only humbled but in awe that the organization selected me for this great award.

Here's the Press Release:
American Red Cross gives awards in seven categories
May 31, 2005
Five Ventura County residents and one local media business were honored earlier this month by the American Red Cross of Ventura County.
The awards covered seven categories. Winners included Julie Jorgenson for Armed Forces Emergency Services; Connie Hall for Disaster Services; Wil Begoody for Health and Safety Services; Gold Coast Broadcasting for Good Neighbor; Victoria Dickran for fundraising; and Richard Swede for Stark Memorial Volunteer of the Year.

1 Comments:

  • awesome - want to fundraise some money for yl? lol

    By Blogger Ashley, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home