Victoria

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Ben & Jerry's

So we had a Ben & Jerry's fundraiser a month or two ago for the victims of the La Conchita mudslides. It was so much fun. We took the ERV (Emergency Recretional Vehicle) to the store front location. (let me just tell you riding in an ERV is like riding in a huge boat on wheels its so bumy and loud. and I wasn't aloud to play with the lights and sirens). We parked it outside of the Ben & Jerry's store as a big billboard telling people to come there. Oh, let me back up, the local newspaper in the county did an article about the fundraiser so everyone in town knew to come.
So, thanks to the HUGE generosity of the local show owner, we were able to scopp an ice cream cone and all proceeds benefited the American Red Cross's efforts for La Conchita.
The cool part is that Ben who is one of the founders of the company flew in from Virginia to participate in the fundraiser. Let me just say that he is one of the most down to earth individuials I have every met that is in the corporate world.

So needless to say after a long afternoon of selling people on buying ice cream, walking up to total strangers on our downtown main street convicing them to buy ice cream, I had the best time I've ever had.

I'll try to attach a few pictures!

3 Comments:

  • Wow, that's awesome. We got Ben to come to something at Fresno State and it cost a ton of money. Sounds like you are doing some awesome things for your community.

    By Blogger Carrie, at 10:02 AM  

  • I would love some Ben and Jerry's right about now!! Oh how they have become some of my dearest friends in times of need...lol I'm glad it went well!! You are so motivated!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 11:25 AM  

  • Man - if Ben is living in Virginia - I better look him up!! :)

    By Blogger Kristin, at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home